- Written by Jeeves
In our second Ravenholdt Roundtable, Haileaus welcomes Ayume and Nessper, a pair of experienced and decorated PvP rogues, to talk about the current state of competitive PvP for the rogue class in WoW's Season 16 -- a.k.a. Warlords of Draenor Patch 6.0.3.
In this 37-minute podcast, Ayume and Nessper talk about:
- The best -- and not-so-best -- arena partners (comps) for rogues at the moment (starting at 7:43)
- How rogue PvP strategy has shifted in the Warlords of Draenor expansion (starting at 12:28)
- How each rogue spec is doing in arena -- and why Combat in particular looks so strong (starting at 15:01)
- The value rogues currently bring to rated battlegrounds -- and why Subtlety can especially shine (starting at 23:12)
- The best way to murder a hunter (starting at 25:51)
- Why Retribution paladins and death knights are so frustrating to play against (starting at 27:04)
- The overall direction of PvP in WoW, and how rogues fit into it (starting at 32:07)
- Advice on how to get better at rogue PvP (starting at 35:30)
You can download an MP3 of the podcast or listen below:
To talk about the topics raised in this roundtable, hop over to our dedicated discussion thread. If you have feedback on our Ravenholdt podcasts in general, or if you have any guests or topics you'd like to see on a roundtable in the future, let us know on Twitter.
Previous Ravenholdt Roundtables
- #1: Tier 17 Raid Preview (with Vigilate and Flim), Nov. 4 '14