Consolidated Log Feedback Thread

General discussion for all things Rogue. If you have class questions or comments, this is the place.
Haileaus

Consolidated Log Feedback Thread

Postby Haileaus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Got logs that you'd like to share and get feedback on?  Post 'em here.

Want to help others while boosting your ego?  Give your feedback on people's logs here.

Boshea

Re: Consolidated Log Feedback Thread

Postby Boshea » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Pretty trash night since I was fumbling a bit on my Sub openers. Need to spend more time on the dummy before raids since I don't get to mess with it out in the world.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/L64zvAWGq9mBCZb1

Really hoping I can go back to Mut for this tier, but still not sure what two specs I should be rocking for BRF.

Edit-Our guild has a theory that the legendary ring is a dps loss. It seems the less it procs the better your dps does.

Night 2
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kbJcqLHwftXazy38
Not really sure on what spec I should be doing for Flamebender

drifft

Postby drifft » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:27 pm

I am hoping I can get some general assistance with Combat Logs.  I am sadly weak at analysis and would like some pointers as to what I should be looking for in my own logs and areas that I need to improve upon.

Most recent logs are here for BRF:

Heroic BRF - Night 1

Heroic BRF - Night 2

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Zuliane

Postby Zuliane » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:19 pm

While looking at different logs and fights there might be different things to improve for every single person, but there are some things, which were done wrong by almost every person, that posted a log here on this forum.

The major things that stood out were energy pooling, properly lining up cooldowns and maximizing Find Weakness uptime.
Boshea, I am taking your log as an example(Gruul), what to look out for and how to analyze yourself as "drifft" requested.

So, in the above picture you will see several buffs and debuffs selected via the "Buffs" and "Debuffs" menu by clicking "+" on the righthandside. Find Weakness(Debuffs->cast by friendly), ShadowDance, MasterOfSublety and Petrified(stunning ability of Gruul). Of course you can add more, but you wouldn't want to clump it up too much. Below the energy level throughout the fight is shown. You can add it by going to Resources -> Resources -Dropdownmenu -> +Energy
All that makes it much easier for you to check, if you pooled your energy properly, if you wasted FW uptime, if you spend all your energy during FW, if you used Ambush in the last second of Subterfuge/ShadowDance.

Just clicking on the "Buffs" menu is an easy way to check if you properly lined up your trinkets, Draenic Agility Potion and Shadow Reflection.

@ Boshea
In the first picture at the energy graph, you will see, that you did almost no energy pooling before ShD and Vanish and you don't seem to use Ambush in the last possible second of Subterfuge, so your FW uptime is fairly low despite being specced into Subterfuge(43.8%).

You did line up your 2nd Draenic Agility Potion with ShD, but not with ShReflection and your trinket. Make sure to always line up the 2nd Potion with ShD ShR and if possible with a Vanish following after that, so you maximize your FW uptime during the potion. Also, your Preparation coolown was ready again at 5:38min into the fight. So there was one Vanish unused.

@drifft > Gruul
I don't think it's beneficial to delay Killing Spree to the end of your Draenic Agility Potion and delaying Ad-Rush till after heroism. You should KS right away after dumping most of your energy and then immediatly start with AdR, otherwise you waste a lot of Finishers, which would have already lowered the cooldown. 5minutes into the fight you activated Blade Flurry for some reason which cost you quite a lot of dps.

In all honesty, I am not the biggest combat expert, so someone else might be able to give you more insight or tips for further improvement, though combat in general doesn't punish you that hard for doing misplays compared to sublety.

Boshea

Postby Boshea » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:46 am

First night of Gruul was a lot of "focus on not getting pasted". Still getting used to Subterfuge since I use Shadow focus for the majority of my play time. Finally got around to making a Weak aura for it.

How high should I be pooling my energy for Dance?

Zuliane

Postby Zuliane » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:37 am

As a rule of thumb, you want to pool as much energy you can without overcapping energy. So for your Vanish you want to aim at around 100 energy, because there is short cast delay and for ShD you can pool as high as 110.

Boshea

Postby Boshea » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:22 am

Normal night 1
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/F4YwRJmTtn9Acgrh

Normal night 2
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DtB7VLTc3ZHykNX1

Even I know my Sub was pretty trash on Night two, but I put a lot of that into getting into the groove of it after 3 nights of Combat, and having to lead the interrupt rotation for Oregorger. Sub rotation, Interrupts, and Shard are a lot to keep track of at once.

Teninchdeeps

Postby Teninchdeeps » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:01 am

Had this fight tonight on Heroic Gruul, if anyone could look at it, why am I being beaten by this assassination rogue?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TbxgZLWaYwjhvdFc#type=summary&fight=5&source=14

Thanks

Zuliane

Postby Zuliane » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:14 am

Teninchdeeps wrote:Had this fight tonight on Heroic Gruul, if anyone could look at it, why am I being beaten by this assassination rogue?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TbxgZLWaYwjhvdFc#type=summary&fight=5&source=14

Thanks

- zero Draenic Agility Potions consumed
- opening is just wrong, 10sec to apply first rupture, ShD comes too late, you want -> prepull snd/potion, garrote, 1sec wait, shd/shr/trinket, ambush, wait for 5cp if nec. and rupture, then just spam ambush/evi
- you are clipping Find Weakness, don't!
- spend all your energy while FW is up, pool energy and use Vanish/ShD
- your energy pooling seems to be fine

Boshea

Postby Boshea » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:42 pm

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ymZpQxc1bA7XMRHt
Another night of heroic.
Sub on Beastlord was an experiment to see how the single target dps looks versus the padding on adds from BF.

Oregorger is all kinds of terrible from just about everyone in the raid since we're still getting the pathing down. I don't know how people are pulling some of the numbers I see in rankings for that fight.

Gruul I think was an improvement but still looking it over. Hard to manage Sub when the survival instincts kick in. Similar thing happens with Oregorger on managing rotation, interupts, and shard.

Realling hoping for a second dagger tonight from normal to start running Sin for comparison. It may be the "weaker" spec, but it'll still pull better Single target than combat, and they even out with tier. I play Sin a hell of a lot better than I do Sub.

Edit-
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Hvn61B9LhyJYNm7Q
Last edited by Boshea on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rogue General Discussion”